Why campus tours are important
Scrolling through a school’s website and social media only gives potential students a superficial glimpse of campus life.
Campus tours are crucial in giving parents and students better understanding of a school’s culture and community.
Tours can be a bit daunting for some students; however, there’s no need to feel anxious about visiting a school. When it comes to touring, faculty and staff are excited to meet students and families, and it’s our goal to ensure a comfortable, informative experience.
Questions to ask during a campus tour
To be sure you get the most from your tour, we’ve compiled a list of important questions to ask.
- How are roommates assigned?
- How often will I be in contact with family & friends?
- How will this boarding school prepare me for college?
- Is learning support offered?
- What distinguishes this school from other boarding schools?
- What do students do for fun?
- What is an average day like (e.g. when does the day begin, end, etc.)?
- What is the workload like both inside and outside of the classroom?
- What kind of food is offered (vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, etc.)?
- Which extracurriculars are offered?
- Which sports are offered?
- Why did you choose to work at this school as opposed to others?
Interested in Oak Hill Academy? Schedule a tour with our Admission Office.