What is the Ussery Archives project?
In the spring of 2006 a group of alumni and school administrators decided to turn the existing conference room in the lower level of Fletcher Chapel into an archives library/formal meeting room. This new room would house all of the Oak Hill Academy memorabilia and artifacts collected since the school’s 1878 inception. In July of that same year at the annual Alumni Weekend it was decided by a large group of alumni in attendance, that this would be a great project for all former students to become involved in by helping to raise the needed monies to ensure that this idea became a reality. It was also decided to name this room in honor of Mr. and Mrs. L.D. Ussery who were both wonderful influences and integral parts of the Academy for many years. The Ussery Archives Room was officially dedicated in July 2011.
Thanks to all of the Oak Hill alumni who contributed to this beautiful room.