It’s that time of the year!
Pencils, backpacks, calculators, oh my…
For many students, this year will be their first year at a boarding school.
Supplies will vary depending on the school. However, the most common and recommended supplies include but are not limited to:
- Ball point pens
- Index cards
- Sticky notes (great for bookmarking important pages and adding notes)
So, what will you need if your student is going to boarding school?
Recommended items are similar to those needed for a college dorm:
- Twin/Twin XL bedding
- Shower sandals/flip-flops
- Shower caddy
- Mini fridge (some schools may provide these already; be sure to check with the school’s administrative team)
- Cleaning supplies
- Non-perishable snacks
- 2 or 3 plates, cups, and silverware
- Alarm clock
- Power strip
- Necessary technology, like laptops
Oak Hill Academy provides students with backpacks, textbooks, and other supplies. The best way to be sure your student is fully prepared for boarding school is to contact the respective school’s administrative team.
For our students and other future boarding students, we have a full, comprehensive list of items that are required for students.